Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Good Days ( OR THE ILLUSION )

So I fell in love. The specifics are not important ( I don't even remember the actual course of events that led to this ). I never thought I would but I did ( and eventually like most other guys ended up suffering and realized that it was the worst mistake of my life ).

She was beautiful. At least from outside she indeed was. And even though I kept telling everybody around me that I wanted an intellectual girl , it was her beauty that I fell for because looking back I realize that she had no other attributes. She was dumb but I always took her dumbness as cuteness. She had no ambitions in life but I thought of that as simplicity. She was immature and childish but I perceived that as innocence. Feels like I had put on these glasses which contorted my vision and I started looking at her shortcomings as her assets!!

2 years I wasted on her. She called me at odd hours and I did talk to her because I didn't want to hurt her. If I spent too much time with my friends ( by her measures!! ) , she would say that I only cared about my friends and not her, and I felt bad from inside and apologized and thought that this girl really needs me. So I was there for her whenever she needed me and I used to get happy just because she was happy.

She acted possessive whenever I even chatted with other girls while who knows she was busy chatting with and talking to and dating other guys, looking for a potential boyfriend. She said she'd never leave me alone and made me promise the same ( but when we 'broke up' - just a more gracious way to say she left me to rot - all the promises were lost ).

I guess I really was happy during that period. Everything was going fine. I never suspected that she'd betray me so easily. She was the only thing that mattered in my life. I was ready to do anything for her. But, well, things never go as planned, at least with me they never do.

This story was written by Wan Ling Liew, but Wan Ling is a girl and she never "was" a boy. So on behalf of Beyonce --- "If I were a Boy!", I would feel the same, act the same, and I was always a girl......

No comments:

Post a Comment